About Education (Schools)
It is widely accepted that education is a key element to bring change in economic, social and cultural dynamics of a society. Education is the fundamental human right, a vehicle for human resource development, thus plays a vital role in the integrity & prosperity of a nation. Investment in education is relatively more productive with multifold returns. That is the valid reason why education is placed on first priority agenda of Government of AJ&K. Azad Jammu and Kashmir has limited economic resources and land holding is very small. There is little industrial activity due to accessibility problem and difficult terrain. Human resource development is the only field which can be emphasized for the income generation and livelihood of the people. Quality education and market oriented skills are the fields by which we can educate and train the younger generation for market oriented jobs. These educated and trained Human Resources can get jobs not only within the country but also in overseas.
To embark AJ&K upon the path to help the people of AJ&K become highly educated, skilled, fully employed and prosperous by providing quality education envisaged to create numerous economic opportunities.
Department of education is committed to provide access and quality education to the students at all levels with special emphasis on quality education, accessibility to all young generation, using modern pedagogy, updating subject contents and teaching of such subjects which are demanded by growing global market. The mission of the Education Department is to produce highly educated and skilled upcoming manpower to meet the global challenges by ensuring easy accessible quality education.
Azad Jammu and Kashmir has limited economic resources with small land holdings and weak base for industrial activities. Human Resource Development (HRD) is the only field where emphasis could be for income generation and livelihood initiatives. Improving Quality education and market oriented skills are the fields by which we can educate and train the younger generation for market oriented jobs. These educated and trained Human Resources can get jobs within the country and also overseas. This may need multifaceted initiatives envisaged to:
- Improve the quality of education.
- Fill the resource gaps for education department for administrative and teaching.
- Take ‘sustainable steps’ for training of educational managers and teaching staff.
- Maximize participation rate and minimize dropout rate.
- To improve the EMIS in AJ&K.
- Establish an effective system of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Ensure better Teaching-learning Environment.
- Increase community participation for sustainable educational development.
- Adopt a standard system of teaching assessment and monitoring.
- Create an environment for massive shift from general education to purposeful orientated in economics, science, vocational, IT and business related education.
Published: 31-05-2016, Source: http://ajk.gov.pk