About Industries, Commerce Mineral Resources & Labor
AKSIC was established in the year 1990 and since then has been a sound contributor to the Small Industrial Development in AJ&K through its various schemes. AKSIC has proved its strength in the country by exhibiting a progressive attitude towards modernization, up-gradation of technology, quality consciousness, strengthening linkages with large & medium scale enterprises and boosting export of products from small enterprises.It is a Semi Govt. Organization, established under an Act. Azad Kashmir Small Industries Corporation is an important instrument for enterprise building, micro-economic development and employment generation.
To provide conducive environment for the growth of locally and internationally competitive industries inducing income generation & employment creation.
To Promote Small and Cottage Industries through market driven industrial and credit support, contributing to employment generation and socio-economic uplift of the state.
- Taking over, implementing and running schemes, projects and training institutions, as may be transferred to the Corporation by the Government.
- Organizing fairs, pavilions, sales and display of products of cottage and small industries.
- Establishing service centers and common facility centers for specific industries or group of industries.
- Establishing Small Industrial Estates.
- Establishing Artisan colonies, design centers, workshops and institutes for promotion and development of Handicrafts.
- Formulating and implementing schemes for training to Artisans and Small Industries.
- Support micro sector through a network of Handicrafts Shops and Craft Development Centers.
- Establishment of Industrial growth Centers/Clusters.
Published: 30-05-2016, Source: http://ajk.gov.pk