About Electricity Department
Electricity Department of Azad Jammu and Kashmir was developed to promote electricity and to improve financial effectiveness of the state.
The Department is responsible for assisting the state in implementation of overall government policies related to power/electricity.
The major functions of the Department are to ensure transparency of regulatory framework, accommodate, promote and facilitate to the people of the state of Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
"To Provide the Facility of Electricity Maintaining the Highest Degree of Efficiency, Reliability, and Safety, in line with Expectations of customers and for Socio-economic Uplift of People of the State.”
- Expansion of power distribution network to meet the power needs of 100 % populace of the state.
- Strengthening existing power distribution system on technical grounds to ensure stable and reliable power supply complying with standard performance parameters.
- To transform AJKED into a profit earning and financially sustainable organization
- To create strong organizational culture improving morale and professionalism amongst its employees and achieving customers satisfaction.
- To prepare AJKED by deploying latest technologies to face contemporary challenges in dynamic and complex organizational environment.
Published: 16-05-2016, Source: http://ajk.gov.pk