About Forest Department
Forestry involves the management of a broad range of natural resources within a forested area. In addition to timber, forests provide such resources as grazing land for animals, wildlife habitat, water resources and recreation areas.
Scientific management of forestry resource on sustainable basis, ensuring environmental amelioration, checking sediment inflow into water bodies to increase useful life of irrigation infrastructure, to conserve hydro power potential & biodiversity leading to poverty alleviation.
- Scientific Management of existing public forest estates to maximize production of wood and minor forest produce to create new forest resources.
- Management of watersheds to conserve soil and water and to improve the productivity of land.
- Management of range lands to boost production of forest and livestock.
- Promotion of social/farm forestry in private lands.
- Establishment of amenity forests and recreational parks.
- Raising of tree plantation for strategic purpose.
- Forest production; sale, imports and export of forest products and recovery of dues.
- Regional research in various disciplines of forestry, wildlife, sericulture and fisheries.
- Acquisition and transfer of forest lands. Notification/De-Notification in respect of reserve, protected and unclassed forests.
- Implementation of various provisions of Forest Act and rules framed thereunder.
Published: 16-05-2016, Source: http://ajk.gov.pk